10:00am - 11:00am - Registration and networking in the Technology Showcase
- 11:00am - 12:00pm - Opening Keynote Address by Brian Solis
12:00pm - 12:30pm - Lunch
12:40pm - 1:40pm - Workshop 1 - choose from 3 tracks
Introduction to and explanation of key concepts and strategies your company can use to leverage all of the information critical to operations across your organization. Accessible, attainable approaches that yield results for small to medium enterprises in manufacturing, tech, and more, presented in clear, comprehensible terms.
- Big Data 101
- Seth Mulligan, Operations Manager, TCG Player View bio »
- Patent Protection
- John W. Boger, , Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti P.C. View bio »
- George R. McGuire, Registered Patent Attorney, Chair of the Intellectual Property Practice , Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC View bio »
- M. Jack Rudnick, Director and Professor of Practice, Syracuse University College of Law View bio »
- Renato L. Smith, , Barclay Damon View bio »
- The Untold Story of Media Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Central NY
- Sean Branagan, , Newhouse School at Syracuse University View bio »
Speakers:Patent attorneys explain the process for developing IP strategies, addressing some commonly asked questions such as the effect of “first to file” on strategy for IP protection, the optimal stage of development to consult with patent counsel, the role of Technology Transfer Officers (TTOs), and special issues with algorithms and information technology.
Speakers:Many of you know about nationally known voices in media who came out of this region: Mike Tirico, Megyn Kelly, Bob Costas, David Muir, Al Roker, Contessa Brewer… as well media pioneers who began their careers here, such as Rod Serling, Dick Clark and Marty Glickman. But most people don't know about the early breakthroughs in radio, television and newspapers that began in CNY. They don't know about the entrepreneurial plays, innovations and Internet firsts hatched in our own backyard. Who knew?! Come share in this rich history, learn how it continues today, and take home critical lessons and insights.
1:50pm - 2:50pm - Workshop 2 - choose from 3 tracks
Listen in and join a discussion of how different companies have successfully applied big data to improve their business operations, grow sales, reduce costs, gain efficiency, and more. Panelists share their experiences to help you make the most of data in your organization.Technology commercialization is successful when it produces novel products that can be profitably marketed to businesses and consumers. However, even with a strong intellectual property portfolio, commercialization can be unsuccessful if owners and investors do not reach agreements on licensing terms. A law professor and technology transfer managers will discuss strategies to help insure optimal licensing agreements.
- Big Data In Action
- Licensing Strategy
- William Bond, Director, Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Office, Rochester Institute of Technology View bio »
- Robert J. DelZoppo, Assistant Vice President of Strategic Technology Programs , SRC, Inc. View bio »
- Shubha Ghosh, Director of the Technology Law Program and Crandall Melvin Professor of Law, Syracuse University College of Law View bio »
- Steven Wood, Assistant Director for Innovation Services, SUNY Research Foundation View bio »
- What's Next: CNY Digital Media Showcase--Startups and Growth Businesses In Media And Marketing
- Simon Perez, Assistant Professor, S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Broadcast and Digital Journalism Department, Syracuse University View bio »
Speakers:Come hear a panel discussion and see a showcase of some of the next generation media startups and fast-growing digital media businesses in our region. What's happening in branded content, search/social, analytics, local media, advertising, niche media, and more? Where is it all going? Learn how CNY people and companies can share the success. What are established media companies doing? And what can you learn from the state of the art in CNY digital media?
• Scott Matukas, CEO of Virtucom
• Hans Fuller, Founder of StorySlab
• Peter Allegreghetti, Founder of Dumbstruck
• Barbara Jones, Founder of Staybillety
• Devin Daly, Founder of SpinCar
• Kate Brodock, President of Women 2.0
• Dave Bulger, Founder of Tuzag
• Thom Theriault, Founder of TangoSquared
• Leanne Hirshfield, Founder of Brainview Technologies
• Ben Schechter, Co-Founder of Solon Quinn Studios
... and some AMAZING student startups in digital media...
• Kate Beckman, Founder of FreshU
• AJ Damiano, Founder of Power-Spike
• Phil Rossi, Founder of CoCo
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm - Afternoon Keynote Address by Soraya Darabi
4:00pm - - Networking Reception in the Technology Showcase featuring NYS beer and wine
Track 1: Big Data 101
You’ve heard the buzz, but do you really understand “big data” and what it can do for your business? Do you know how to join the ranks of companies leveraging the vast quantities of data generated every day to increase profits and grow? Perhaps you’ve implemented some data analytics, but aren’t sure you’re using the best approach? Have you considered how to turn the data you are gathering into a revenue stream? This track is designed to make “big data” accessible and useful – now, today, with technology that is within reach – for small to medium-sized businesses across a range of industry sectors.
Track 2: Bringing New Technologies to Market
Technology commercialization plans are essential for new product and new business success. They are also a requirement for many funding opportunities. Learn from panelists about intellectual property protection and licensing strategies that will create profitable revenue streams from your new products and technologies.
Track 3: Digital Media: The Past, Present, and Future in CNY
What does digital media mean – for you, and for your business? Come hear from leaders and innovators in the digital revolution. Learn about the past, present and future of digital media in the region, and take home valuable insights and ideas you can apply to your own business.
- Track I: Big Data 101
- Track II: Bringing New Technologies to Market
- Track III: Digital Media: The Past, Present, and Future in CNY
Online registration available here.
Join Our Mailing List